Professional Safety Speaker
I am a Certified Safety Professional that speaks to management groups of all levels of organizations, to improve and/or enhance their safety management process. I develop and deliver presentations that are motivational, passionate, humorous and engaging and yet still informative. My ability to communicate with the executive level down to the line level has been widely recognized, making me a much sought after speaker
As a true safety professional, I know, understand, and am able to relate to management teams and the systems created to get product and services out the backdoor. Management creates and operates the system. A successful management system has safety incorporated and to have a successful safety process, it must be incorporated into the overall management system. Without management driving the safety process within the system, mediocracy is the best that can be hoped for. As a professional that's been in the trenches, I can deliver your message effectively to achieve safety performance excellence.
Watch Joel in Action
Safety Conferences, Seminars, and Training
I speak to associations and trade groups at conferences, seminars, management meetings and safety meetings on topics relevant to the client's needs. I personally develop and deliver presentations that meet the client's needs based on their valuable input to get the most value and impact from their conferences and meetings.
I have been noted for my enthusiastic and engaging ability to take a rather dry subject and put life into it. Many of the comments I have received stated how I have taken what many people consider boring subjects and made them interesting, causing them to think differently about safety and their management system.
I have developed and delivered various safety management seminars and training to notable companies and organizations based on their specific needs. I will specifically create your safety management seminar and training session to meet your needs.
Safety Management Consulting
Let a true safety professional guide and direct you in your safety management process and system. My clients include some of the most notable Fortune 500 companies in the world.
My knowledge and experience base comes from serving in corporate safety management positions in the insurance, energy, industrial services and food and beverage industries. My educational and experience background allows me to effectively assist and consult with management on their safety processes, situations, and issues that confront them in their daily operations. I have had the privilege of working with management groups from many diverse backgrounds to provide quality and effective safety management guidance and direction to improve performance.
My approach is to bring risk assessment and evaluation to the management process just as the organization brings to other areas. I consult management on better understanding the risks that confront them and the most appropriate approach to minimizing the exposures to the organization.
My services include:
- Safety Management Consultation
- Safety Management Audits, Evaluations, and Assessments
- Safety Surveys
- Safety Program Development and Revisions
- Safety Procedures Development and Revisions
"You are the gold standard in education. We are so lucky to be working with you.
Thanks for a great job!"
"Joel is a great presenter! He is very adaptable to the audience/attendees."
"The speaker is very knowledgeable of the information presented and made the sessions very interesting and meaningful."
"Joel is a great speaker. Very engaging."
"Joel Tietjens presented one of the best programs I have attended in the last 25 years of safety."
Clients I've Worked With...
More About Joel
- President, T-JENS & T-JENS, INC.
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Safety, University of Central Missouri
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), Institute Of Hazardous Materials Management
- Professional Member, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Member, Industrial Advisory Board-Safety Management, Sam Houston State University
- Past Member, Board of Directors and Advisory Board, Texas Society to Prevent Blindness, Houston Branch
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Texas Safety Association
- Past President, Gulf Coast Chapter, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- "Who's Who in the Safety Profession"
- "Who's Who Among Safety Professionals,"Workplace HR and Safety, Douglas Publications
- "Who's Who in the South/Southwest"
Recipient of the following:
- “Society Fellow” (FASSP), American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
The highest honor bestowed on professional members who have displayed life-long excellence in safety and service
- Charles V. Culbertson Outstanding Volunteer Service Award, ASSP
Special recognition to a member for outstanding service to the Society at the national level
- “Hall of Fame Inductee”, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), Region III
- Honorary Member, Rho Sigma Kappa, Safety Sciences, University of Central Missouri
Awarded for outstanding contribution and service to occupational safety and health
- Two time recipient, "Safety Professional of the Year", Gulf Coast Chapter, ASSP
- Two time recipient, "Safety Professional of the Year", ASSP Region III
- "President's Award", Gulf Coast Chapter, ASSP
ASSP Society Fellow (FASSP)
ASSP Safety Professional of the Year
(Four Time Recipient-Gulf Coast
Chapter & Region III)